Christmas for a lot of people can be the most stressful time of year. We often take on too much, shopping for presents, food and party clothes, nights out, visiting friends and relatives – it’s all very overwhelming.
Here are our top tips to help you keep calm and enjoy the festive season.
1. Get organised: We often fall in to the trap of leaving things to the last minute. Write lists of what you need to do and buy. Get presents in early and wrap them – store them somewhere safe and forget about them until Christmas Eve.
2. Don’t take on too much: Don’t spread yourself too thin. Relax by looking at what you can and can’t do. Instead of having Pre-Christmas drinks how about pushing it back to January, when you could do with a pick me up and something to look forward to.
3. Don’t spend too much on ‘this seasons look’: Save your cash and dig out your favourite party dress. Have it professionally dry cleaned in plenty of time for the party season.
4. Delegate: You can’t do everything (unless you want to end up in bed with exhaustion). Book a professional cleaning company (Take A Break Cleaning Solutions offer one off cleans for just £15 per hour and includes all cleaning materials). Divide chores between your family and if you have visitors on Christmas Day get them to bring a dish to share the burden. Give jobs to your husband/partner e.g send them out to do the food shopping.
5. Think of yourself: It is impossible to please everyone. It is important that you enjoy Christmas too, so think about how you would like to spend Christmas.