We all know that last minute holiday panic! Here are some top tips for packing for your family holiday efficently….
1. Lay out all the items you plan to take, then remove any items you have taken on previous holidays and never worn. Concentrate on items that are comfortable and make you feel good
2. Look at your clothes and accessories and choose items based on the fact they will work with lots of other items. Thinking of a colour palette makes this even simpler.
3. Do the same with clothes for all the family
4. Pack shoes at the bottom of your suitcase and surround them with your underwear.
5. To avoid creasing, roll every item that can be rolled. If you take anything tailored, turn it inside out and tuck in the sleeves and it will arrive in the best shape possible.
6. Don’t pack anything that is valuable to you or to your kids in your suitcase.
7. Check carefully the number of bags you can check in. In some cases it can be just per person. If there are infants flying with no seat they may not get a baggage allowance at all.
8. Check also the combined weight limits of luggage if you can check in and pay for more than one bag. Some airlines, such as Ryanair and AerLingus, charge for checked luggage but you can cut costs by paying online rather than at the airport.
9. The weight limit for checked in luggage in economy varies but is usually between 15kg and 25kg. Long haul can sometimes be better. Exceed the limits and you will have to pay extra
10.Check the number of items of hand luggage you can take, and any size and weight restrictions apply. Gels, creams, pastes and other liquids in your hand luggage must still be in containers of no more than 100ml in transparent, re-sealable plastic bags no larger than 20cmx20cm. This includes baby food,water, sun lotions and milk.
Have a fabulous holiday! Don’t get bogged down with ironing on your return, remember we offer an ironing and a dry cleaning service. Give us a call, relax and let the holiday last a little bit longer.